Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
With cold weather days upon us I have decided to giveaway this adorable scarf. I have the same one in a different color and they are actually softer than you think and I think they are so cute! Just follow my blog and comment below and you will be entered!
On another note, I have tried so many different self-tanners over my lifetime and have finally settled on the best ones that work for me. I have being so white in the winter and I also don't want to age my skin by going to tanning beds. My favorites right now are the airbrush tanners. I have used both FakeBake and Sally Hansen and they both work great. Right now I have the FakeBake brand and when I first used it I was worried because it wasn't blending in as well as I thought it should. However, if you put it on before bed and shower in the morning it all blends in and I have never had any streaks with it.
Monday, October 27, 2014
Saturday, October 25, 2014
coconut oil hair treatment:
1. wash hair like normal
2. let it air dry for about half an hour
3. melt the oil by running it under hot water
4. Apply to hair from roots to tips
5. Pin it up with a shower cap or saran wrap
6. Blow dry it for about 10 minutes
7. Let it sit for another 20 minutes
8. Wash it out with shampoo and conditioner like normal
Thursday, October 23, 2014
2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup corn starch
1/4 cup baking soda
any essential oil mixture
1. Combine ingredients in a dark bowl and whisk ingredients together until there are no bumps. (if you used a jar it says to put cap on and shake until bumps are gone)
2. Add essential oils. I used about 15 drops total (I did lavender and lemon).. you can do more or less, it wont make a difference! If you used a bowl you will now cover it in foil. If you used a jar, keep the lid on.
3. Put in a cool dark place for roughly 24 hours.
4. Fill up bath about 3/4 of the way you usually do and add mixture!
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
I have been slacking lately on eating healthy so I am going to try to get back on a clean living schedule but realistically. Here are some breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack ideas that I'll incorporate in a typical day.
1. Oatmeal or cream of wheat w/ a banana and vanilla almond milk
2. Vanilla yogurt w/ fruit (grapes, strawberries, raspberries)
3. Bacon and eggs
1. Turkey sandwich w/ mayo or ranch and cucumbers
2. Egg salad sandwich/chicken salad/BLT/Banana and Peanut butter (any type of sandwich really on whole wheat bread) and tomato soup
3. Bruschetta w/ tomatoes, mozzerella, and balsamic glaze
4. Mac & Cheese (my fav)
1. Chicken breast breaded with fiber one cereal (healthier version). You can just you egg to make the glaze.
2. Salads. I essentially just throw anything together (broccoli, cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese, corn, chicken). Whatever we have leftover. Just add some dressing and mix it all together.
3. Shredded chicken, corn, and lettuce in a wrap.
4. Sauteed vegetables w/ olive oil.
2. Pudding or Jell-O
3. Apples and melted caramels
4. Chocolate protein shake with vanilla almond milk and peanut butter
5. Vanilla yogurt with fruit
6. Carrots and ranch
7. Cucumbers and turkey dipped in ranch
8. Strawberries and chocolate
9. Bananas and graham crackers