So, I have super oily skin. I'm not sure what breakouts are like for people with combination or dry skin, all I know that is oily skin=breakouts! I have been doing a few things over the past year that have really helped in keeping away breakouts for oily skin so I will share them with you today!
1) Always wash makeup brushes with cleanser instead of water. I just use whatever cleanser I have at the time (usually L'oreal Paris 360 cleanser).
2) Wash pillowcases and bed sheets weekly (or more if your face is really prone to breakouts).
3) DON'T EAT JUNK FOOD. I've heard eating chocolate is a myth when it comes to breakouts and I'm not sure if this is actually true or not. All I know is that when I don't snack on sugary and/or processed foods I rarely break out.
4) Water water water.
5) Steam facial. You can use all different types of ingredients for your facial including eucalyptus, ginger, and/or honey. Or if your pressed for time you can run a hot shower or bath and sit in your bathroom for a few minutes.
6) Keep unwashed, greasy hair pulled back away from your face and try to touch your face as little as possible. I know this is really important for me because, along with my oily skin, I have greasy hair. I literally HAVE to wash my hair daily or else it looks terrible.
7) Exercising and eating right are really big ones. I know people say this all the time and it's easier said than done but it really works. When I have a consistent workout routine going and am eating relatively healthy my skin looks great!
8) Face masks. I personally love oatmeal and lemon juice. I leave it on for about 15 minutes and then rinse it off. I've heard rose water works well but I have never personally tried it. Strawberries and tomatoes are also good ones to use.
9) Try to stay as stress free as possible. My personal number one cause of breakouts is stress. Sometimes it's unavoidable and that's where the face masks come in handy! If you use them weekly they help to keep off breakouts even during stressful periods.
10) I recently bought a clarisonic and let me tell you this thing works wonders!
Amazing! It's worth the investment for sure!