ITEMS YOU NEED:
- candy canes
- chocolate chips or melting chocolate--white & milk/dark
- floral foam
- tinfoil or wax paper
1. Starting at the crook, unwrap the candy canes halfway.
2. Melt your milk or dark chocolate in a large glass bowl. If you're using chocolate chips, make sure to add a little shortening--it will make the chocolate much more smooth and easier to work with. For one bag of chips, I use about 1 T. of shortening.
3. Dip the crook and top half the candy cane into the chocolate, holding it by the bottom wrapped part. Twist and shake off any excess chocolate, then stick it into the floral foam to dry. Once you're finished dipping, place into the fridge to firm up--about 5 or so minutes.
4. Once firm, take the candy canes out of the fridge, and lay them out on a piece of aluminum foil or wax paper. Melt the white chocolate chips in a small glass bowl until smooth. Place the white chocolate into the corner of a sandwich bag, then snip off a tiny piece of the corner--now you have your piping bag! Drizzle the white chocolate over the chocolate, then let harden.
*I was able to dip almost 2 boxes (around 20) with 1 bag of chocolate chips.